Graduation Day Instructions
- Graduates attending the ceremony should arrive already dressed in their cap and gown for check-in at the CFSU Rambler Room between 5 and 6 p.m.
- At check-in you will receive a seating card. This card will be your ticket into Gentile Arena and will be used to read your name as you cross the stage. You should print the phonetic spelling of your name on the card to ensure that your name is pronounced correctly.
- After check in, graduates should proceed to Gentile Arena and be seated by 6:15 p.m. The ceremony will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m.
- No guests will be allowed into the student distribution side of the Rambler Room. Guests should proceed directly to Gentile Arena.
- Purses and other items should be given to someone in your guest party to hold during the ceremony, since there will be no area to store these items nor will you return to the same seat after crossing the stage.
- The doors to the Gentile Arena will open one hour prior to the start of the commencement ceremony. Guests who arrive late will be asked to wait outside until the processional has been completed. Guests will not be admitted during the invocation or speeches.
PhD Candidates: PhD candidates have their official graduation with the Graduate School (Thursday, May 9, 2013, at noon in the Gentile Center) and can wear their hood into the Social Work ceremony. Graduating doctoral students who would like to participate in the School of Social Work's Commencement ceremony should notify Yolanda Golden via e-mail with the following information: Graduation term (i.e. spring 2013), department chair, and contact number. PhD students will walk in the processional with SSW Faculty but will not go onstage. Instead, students will be seated in the first row on the right-hand side of the aisle. An usher will be present to guide graduating doctoral students to their seats.
Doctoral students that would like to attend the School of Social Work graduation reception should include this information as well. Tickets will be made available to these students via the School of Social Work Office of Internships and Student Services. Tickets can be picked up at the door on the day of the event.