From left to right:
- Maria Woltjen, Director, Young Center for Immigrant Children's Rights at the University of Chicago
- Katherine Kaufka Walts, Director, Center for the Human Rights of Children, Loyola University Chicago
- Jonathan Todres, Jonathan Todres, Professor of Law at Georgia State University College of Law, Advisory Board Member, ECPAT-USA
- Carol Smolenski, Executive Director, ECPAT-USA
- Gertrude Lenzner, Director of the Children's Studies Center at Brooklyn College
For more information, please refer to the CHRC's Past Events.
Cecilia's World: Bringing Light to the Darkness of Children in El Salvador, an initiative by Dr. James Garbarino, Senior Faculty Fellow, Center for the Human Rights of Children
Cecilia is a five year-old child living in a poor and violent community of El Zaite in El Salvador. El Salvador has a long history of violence, oppression, and poverty. This slide documentary chronicles how Cecilia's world today - poverty and gang violence - was shaped by the history of her country. It then describes the efforts of Loyola University Chicago's "Solidarity in Education" project to "adopt" the school that Cecilia attends and support its programs, in collaboration with International Partners in Mission.
To view the movie, please click on the links below: