AlcoholEdu for College and Haven
Check back in July for dates and deadlines to complete AlcoholEdu and Haven!
Loyola University Chicago requires first-year and transfer students to complete AlcoholEdu for College and Haven (an online, non-opinionated prevention program) regardless of age or having completed the program at a previous institution. The course has two parts, both of which must be completed to fulfill this requirement. Failure to complete this requirement will result in a record of non-compliance with the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.
Part 1 takes approximately 2-2½ hours to complete; it is recommended that you take it in multiple sittings. A grade of 80% or higher on the exam is necessary to receive credit for the course. The deadline for finishing Part 1 is .
Forty-five days after you complete Part 1, you will receive an e-mail instructing you to complete Part 2, which takes about 15 minutes. The deadline to complete Part 2 is .
For those students over age 18, the course includes three surveys that measure students' alcohol-related attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are strictly confidential; the university will only receive information about the student body as a whole and will never see individual student’s answers.
To take AlcoholEdu for College and Haven, you will need a computer with Internet access and audio capabilities.
To begin AlcoholEdu for College and Haven:
1. On or after July , go to: www.everfi.com/register
2. Enter the following Login ID:
3. Click "I'm a student"
4. On the registration pages be sure to:
- Use your Loyola Email and a password of your choice to create your AlcoholEdu account. All communication will be sent to the email address you register with and you will be responsible for completing the course through links sent to you via email.
- Enter your 11-digit Student ID, which is located on your student ID card or log into your LOCUS account (go to Student Center-Personal Information-Demographic Data). If you do not enter your official Student ID, you will not receive credit for taking this course.
- Select the group that applies to you Freshman or Transfer student
- Select the residence hall you are living in.
5. You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a "Next" button. DO NOT log out until you click the "Next" button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
6. When you return, log in as a "Returning User" and enter the same e-mail address and password you created when you first logged into the course.
Should you experience any difficulties or require support, the AlcoholEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper right corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen. You do not need to be logged into the course to access the Technical Support Center. You may also call the Technical Support toll-free number at: 866.384.9062.