On-Campus Recruiting is a service that brings employers and Loyola students together for interviews. The majority of interviews are for seniors who will be graduating in January or May of the current academic year. Most employers will be recruiting for entry-level professional positions in their respective fields. Occasionally, employers also want to recruit interns. These positions are usually targeted at juniors and sometimes sophomores. Usually, employers recruit for spring interns in fall, summer in spring, and fall in summer.
- Emergency Cancellation
- Ethical Standards
- No-Show Penalties
- Student Code of Conduct
- Login to the RamblerLink system.
- Enter your username and password. Click Login.
- You must complete all profile information and upload a resume to register for jobs or internships through eRecruiting. For more information on registration procedures, please see the RamblerLink QuickStart Guide.
- Log into your RamblerLink account.
- Select the Interview tab from the top row of tabs.
- If there are current OCR Schedules listed, you will see a list of upcoming On Campus Recruiting schedules. Only apply to the jobs or internships for which you are qualified.
Most schedules will require pre-select, which means that select the candidates to interview from the resumes submitted by interested candidates by the job's application deadline. The application deadlines are usually at least a week (usually more) before an interview date. Once a deadline has passed, you cannot be manually added to a pre-selection list.
Some schedules are open. Open schedules mean that companies will interview all interested candidates who qualify based on job requirements and candidate qualifications. With open schedules, you may sign up for an actual interview time slot at the time that you apply.
Checking the status of your request:
- Click the Applications tab on the navigation bar.
- The status of your active applications is displayed inside your Interview tab. Please check this section regularly after the pre-select due date passes.
- After an employer has made decisions to accept or decline interview requests, automatic e-mails will be sent to candidates via RamblerLink.
- If an employer has accepted your inteview request (job application), you may sign up for an interview slot. Usually there is very little time between their acceptance and the interview date, so you will need to log in to RamblerLink and select your time slot as quickly as possible.
- Please note the Application Deadline date listed on the bottom of a job/internship listing connected with an on-campus interview schedule. This is the deadline by which you must request an interview with this company. After this date, the employer will be in the pre-select stage and deciding whom they will invite to the interview.
- If you decide that you are no longer interested in interviewing for a position before the employer decision is made, withdraw your application through RamblerLink as soon as possible.
- Once you sign up for an actual time, you have until 48 hours prior to the interview to change your mind. For example, if a company will be here on Wednesday, you have until Monday to change your decision. This is called the schedule's 48-hour change period.
- If you need to cancel within a scheduled interview's 48-hour no-change period, you must call Career Development Center at 773-508-7716.
- If there is an emergency so that you cannot attend a scheduled interview that day, contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com or 773-508-7716 so that we can notify the employer.
- Sign up for interviews only if you match the listed qualifications.
- Sign up for interviews only when you are are genuinely interested in the position for which the company is interviewing.
- Do not request an interview for a company that is interviewing for a major or career field that does not your own. If you are interested in interviewing with a particular company but not interested in their published positions, contact the Career Development Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-508-7716.
- These are not practice interviews. If you take an interview time slot when you are not really interested in the position or company, another student who may really want this position may not get a chance. In addition, if you later decide to apply for a different position at the same company, you may not be considered a serious candidate. If you are interested in practicing interviewing skills, consider mock interviews or setting up a practice interview with a career advisor.
- If you need to cancel your interview, do so prior to the 48-hour no-change period.
- No-shows and same-day cancellations are rude and inconvenient to the employer and may effect the employer's decision to recruit at Loyola. It is also extremely unfair to your fellow and future students.
- Please write the recruiter a signed letter of apology for the inconvenience you caused and send a copy to the Maureen Smith at the Career Development Center. Of course, if you want any assistance in composing the note, one of our career advisors will be happy to assist you.
- Failure to submit the letter will result in loss of interviewing privileges and reduction in the level of your RamblerLink access. You will have to meet with the Director in order to have privileges restored.