On-Campus Recruiting (OCR) is an opportunity for Loyola students and alumni to interview on-campus with employers for internship and full time positions. OCR begins in early September and continues through mid-November, with interviews in the Spring beginning in late January and continuing through mid-April.
To apply for interviews, students must submit their resume/cover letters and sign up through their RamblerLink account. For further instructions about OCR, please download the On-Campus Recruiting Guide or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Who can participate in OCR?
Loyola students and alumni are eligible to participate in OCR.
- When does OCR take place?
The season for on-campus interviews is as follows:
- Fall: September - November
- Spring: January - April
- Where are OCR interviews conducted?
Interviews are conducted at various locations on both the Lake Shore and Water Tower campus. Check the schedule posting to find out the exact location of your interview.
- What are the different types of interview schedules?
There are two types which determine how you can sign up for an interview:
- Preselect: Employers will choose qualified candidates for interviews based upon submitted resumes. If you are preselected, you can sign up for an interview slot during the Preselect Sign-up period.
- Open: Employers will interview all interested candidates who qualify based on job requirements and candidate qualifications. With open schedules, you may sign up for an actual interview time slot at the time that you apply.
- What are “Schedule Timeline Changes?”
These dates determine when you can apply and sign-up for an interview. You should be aware of the following trigger dates for each job posting: Resume Submission, Preselect Sign-ups, Alternate Sign-ups, and Sign-up Deadlines.
NOTE: Preselects and Alternates have different sign-up dates.
- What is the Cancellation & No-Show Policy?
- Cancellation Policy: If you decide that you are no longer interested in interviewing for a position before the employer decision is made, withdraw your application through RamblerLink as soon as possible. Once you sign up for an actual time, you have until 48 hours prior to the interview to change your mind. If you need to cancel within a scheduled interview's 48 hour no-change period, you must call the Career Development Center at 773-508-7716.
- No-Show Policy: If you did not show up to your scheduled interview without 48 hour notice, please write the recruiter a signed letter of apology for the inconvenience you caused and send a copy to the Career Development Center. Failure to submit the letter will result in loss of interviewing privileges and reduction in the level of your RamblerLink access. You will have to meet with the Director in order to have privileges restored.
- What if an emergency arises the day-of and I cannot make my interview?
If there is an emergency and you cannot attend a scheduled interview that day, contact the Career Development Center at email@example.com or 773-508-7716 so that we can notify the employer.
- How do I receive additional help??
If you need help with your resume or cover letter or have questions about OCR, visit the Career Development Center during walk-in hours or schedule an appointment with your career advisor. Visit the Contact/Visit Us page for hours and locations.