Handouts, Guides, Videos & Workshops
Career & Job Search Handouts & Guides
All resources are in downloadable PDF format
- Career Development Center's Code of Student Conduct
- Career Tools
- Job Search Correspondence Guide
- Dress for Success
- Informational Interview Guide
- Interviewing Guide
- Interfolio Credential File/Dossier Overview
- LinkedIn 101
- Networking Guide
- Resume Writing Guide
"Job Search 101" Videos
JobBound videos featuring Brad Karsh, a job advice columnist for both Yahoo! and AdAge, and author of Confessions of a Recruiting Director: The Insider's Guide to Landing Your First Job (Prentice Hall Press, 2006)
- Preparing for a Career Fair
- Five Student Resume No No's
- Inside the mind of the Interviewer
- Networking Your Way to a Job
- Answering the Salary question
- Cover Letter: A Tease Ad for Your Resume
- How Do You Answer the Interview Question "What Are Your Weaknesses?"
- Getting the Most Out of Your Internship
- How Facebook Could Crash Your Career
- Dress for Success
OTHER JOB SEARCH VIDEOS
- Careers Out There - Careers Out There features inteterviews with professionals from all types of jobs sharing career advice about what their jobs are really like, how to get them and how to succeed once you're there.
- CareerTV - videos on a wide variety of topics, along wth CareerTV show episodes. Videos are categories by Industry, Company, Location, University, Career Advice and CareerTV Show.
- LinkedIn Grad Guide - Scroll down and click on the video. LinkedIn is the number one professional networking site for job seekers.
- Job Search Television Network (JSTN) - New multimedia platform that provides entertaining and compelling information about career opportunities in the community. Through a unique TV news format, JSTN™ guides jobseekers to the most sought after jobs and lucrative positions in the area.
- Black Collegian Magazine
- Career Magazine
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Crains Chicago Business
- Fast Company
- Hispanic Network Magazine
- Job Choices 2012 for Business & Liberal Arts Students - from the National Association of Colleges & Employers
- Job Choices 2012 - Diversity Edition - from the National Association of Colleges & Employers
- Job Choices 2012 - for Science, Engineering & Technology Students - from the National Association of Colleges & Employers
- Job Postings Magazine - entry-level jobs and career information
- JobWeb's Career Information Resources
- RamblerLink Overview Workshop
- Loyola Alumni Relations Archived Career Events Presentations
- Branding Yourself in a Tight Job Market
Career & Job References
- BrainTrack - Although its primary purpose is to offer a comprehensive directory of the world's universities and colleges, BrainTrack has a growing number of excellent career resources, including career profiles, expert "Career Voices" videos, student & workers "First Person Stories," salary summaries, career articles, and a career planning guide.
- Bureau of Labor Statistics - The Bureau of Labor Statistics of the U.S. Department of Labor is the principal Federal agency responsible for measuring labor market activity, working conditions, and price changes in the economy.
- CareerOneStop - US Department of Labor sponsored site that offers career resources and workforce information to help make informed career choices.
- CityTownInfo.com - Info and Analysis on US Places, Careers, Colleges, and more.
- Dictionary of Occupational Titles
- Occupational Outlook Handbook
- The Margaret Riley Guide
- National Association of Colleges and Employers