Letters of Recommendation - Faculty and Other Letter Writers
Interfolio gives students and alumni the ability to manage letters of recommendation and other credentials online. Interfolio is the easiest and most affordable way for a student to send application materials to graduate and professional schools, a teaching candidate to apply for a new position, or a PhD to send academic credentials to a search committee.
Interfolio also helps ease the burden of those faculty entrusted with composing letters of recommendation. Here's how:
Faculty and other letter writers may establish a free writer's account at Interfolio, which enables direct uploading of documents. Some of the benefits include:
- Retain access to uploaded documents. You will never again have to rummage through your papers to retrieve an old letter of recommendation. Your writer's account enables you to have access to all documents you have uploaded. Original documents may be easily retrieved so that you can edit and update them.
- By requiring you to set up a writer's account before sending us a document electronically, we can verify your identity, thereby reducing the fraudulent submission of letters of recommendation.
- Though the benefits of a writer's account are numerous, it is an optional service. With a writer's account, you can electronically upload documents to Interfolio's safe and secure system. If you choose not to create a writer's account, you can still mail letters to Interfolio at:
Expedited Processing Center
1900 L Street NW Suite #603
Washington, DC 20036
Create an Interfolio Writers Account: It takes just a few minutes to create an account and begin managing your written documents online immediately. Click here to sign-up for a writer's account- scroll down to Interfolio Recommendation Writer - Free under the Other Accounts section.
Visit Interfolio.com for more information.
Other Resources for Letter Writers
- NACE* Suggested Guidelines for Reference Givers
- NACE* Sample Faculty Reference Letter
- NACE* Tips for Reference Writers
- Three Resources for Writing Letters of Recommendation
- Letter of Recommendation Power Phrases
*The National Association of Colleges and Recruiters