The Career Development Center serves all Loyola students and alumni* as a source for career assessment, career education and assistance with the job search. We play an active role in facilitating contact and relations among students, alumni and employers, as well as providing students and alumni with access to job opportunities. We hope you take advantage of our services and resource from the time you arrive at Loyola, through graduation and beyond.
The mission of the Career Development Center (CDC) is to educate, counsel, and empower Loyola students and alumni through their self-identity and career exploration process. We encourage the practices of personal reflection and intensive exploration of the market place through research and experience, believing that career satisfaction is born of an authentic understanding of the self and the needs of the world. The CDC provides the guidance and resources necessary to facilitate this transformative process.
In keeping with the mission of Loyola University Chicago, the Career Development Center seeks to:
- Encourage students to identify and define their values, skills, interests, and passions and to utilize this information in making their life and career choices
- Enhance students’ ability to recognize and negotiate the transitional issues encountered by young adults in the passage from college to career
- Develop partnerships across the local, national, and global profit and non-profit environments, creating on-going networking and employment opportunities for students and alumni
- Insure students’ acquisition of the employment tools necessary to conduct effective searches for experiential opportunities and employment
- Expand interdisciplinary collaboration with LUC faculty, staff and departments in order to contribute to the breadth and depth of students’ vocational knowledge
- Nurture students’ examination of how one’s passions and talents may contribute to the service of our communities and the world