Accidents and Breakdowns
If you are involved in an accident while using a university vehicle from Transportation Services, use these guidelines to make the incident as easy as possible.
Do not move the vehicle unless the investigating officer gives you permission.
Call appropriate law enforcement authorities—911.
This includes the highway patrol, police, sheriff, or other authority. No one should leave the accident scene until released by police authorities.
Obtain medical assistance for anyone injured.
Do not render first aid unless you are trained.
Exchange information with other driver(s).
- Driver name, address, city, state, zip, phone number
- Driver's license number and date of birth
- License plate number, state, and year
- Make, model, year, and color of other vehicle
Obtain name and badge number of police officer.
If your vehicle is not drivable call Roadside Assistance
Call Ford Roadside Assistance at 800.241.3673.
If your vehicle is safe to drive, continue your trip.
Once you are safely back on campus inform the following departments:
- Campus Police—773.508.6039
- Campus Transportation—773.508.7036, Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Free Enterprise—708.474.7474 or 800.255.1337, outside of regular business hours.
Please make sure to explain that you are calling concerning a ” Loyola Rental Van”.
If you experience mechanical problems while using a university vehicle from Transportation Services, follow these steps to assure your safety.
- Get vehicle off the road and to a safe location if possible.
- For Roadside Assistance call Ford Roadside Assistance at: 800.241.3673
- If vehicle can be driven safely, continue on your trip as planned, and inform Transportation Services. Business hours are: Monday–Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., call 708.474.7474. Outside of regular business hours call 800.255.1337. Please make sure to explain that you are calling concerning a ” Loyola Rental Van”.