The Halas Pool is an 8 lane, 25 yard pool that reaches 7 feet deep and allows for both lap swim and space for free swim. Kickboards, pull-buoys, and aqua jogging belts are provided for members’ use. The Halas Pool can be accessed through the locker rooms or the hallway by the Family Changing Room.
|Halas Recreation Center||Halas Pool||Halas Rock Wall|
|Monday - Friday||6 a.m. - Midnight||6:30 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. *||2 p.m. - 10 p.m.|
|* Fridays 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
FEMALE ONLY SWIM!
|* Fridays the wall closes at 8 p.m.|
|Saturday & Sunday||8 a.m. - Midnight||Noon - 6 p.m.||2 p.m. - 6 p.m.|
Spring Break Hours Friday, March 3 - Saturday, March 11:
Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
Special Hours for Easter Weekend:
April 14 (Good Friday): 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
April 15: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
April 16 (Easter Sunday): 8 a.m. - 8 p.m.
The temperature of the Halas Pool is kept around 78 degrees Fahrenheit, based on the National Swimming Pool Foundation's recommendations for pools that serve lap swimmers, swimming lessons, and recreational swim. This is also in line with the Illinois Department of Public Health recommendations.
- Halas Recreation Center Aquatics staff may ask swimmers to stop any activity the staff judges to be unsafe. This includes, but is not limited to: Playing Chicken, running on deck, diving in the shallow area, and dunking.
- All children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. All children under 7 years of age must have an adult (18 years and older) within arms-reach at all times; 1 adult may supervise up to 3 children under age 7 at a time. Children under 14 must pass a swim test (1 length of the pool without any assistance) to be able to swim in the deep end.
- For your health and hygiene, appropriate swimwear (bathing suits) must be worn at all times; street clothes, sportswear, and undergarments are not allowed. Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
- Swimmers should shower before entering the pool to prevent the spread of illness. Halas Recreation Center has a Family Changing Room available for use.
- Floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved. Every approved PFD will have a product label with information about the intended use of the device, the size of the person it will fit, any special care instructions, and how to properly wear the PFD. It will also say whether the PFD is U.S. Coast Guard approved. No label? Then it’s not approved and should not be used!
- Diving is allowed on the South end of the pool only; Flipping is not allowed.
- No hanging on lane lines.
- Ladders are to be used only for entering or exiting the pool. Playing on ladders is not permitted.
- Groups of 5 people or less are allowed to participate in informal recreation. If you wish to have an event or bring in a group bigger than 5 people, please contact Nathan Clark, Facilities Manager, to reserve space.
- Lane Sharing Etiquette: Multiple swimmers can share a lane at one time; please use circle swimming, in a counter-clockwise rotation.
- Please do not swim if you have diarrhea or communicable diseases.
- Only lessons taught by Halas Recreation Center Learn to Swim Instructors are permitted in the Halas Recreation Center Pool.
Swimming in the Halas Recreation Center Pool is a supervised activity, and a certified lifeguard must be present prior to the pool being opened. Pool hours are subject to change based on the availability of qualified personnel. Schedule changes will be posted as much in advance as possible.
Questions? Contact Kathryn Thies at email@example.com