The Department of Campus Recreation and the Aquatics Staff are excited to announce the pool is now open!
The Halas Pool is an 8 lane, 25 yard pool that reaches 7 feet deep and allows for both lap swim and space for free swim. Kickboards, pull-buoys, and aqua jogging belts are provided for members’ use. The Halas Pool can be accessed through the locker rooms or the hallway by the Family Changing Room.
Spring 2015 Pool Hours
Effective Sunday, January 11 - Monday, May 4 (schedule subject to change)
|Monday - Friday *||6:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.|
|* Fridays 9:30 - 11:30 a.m.||FEMALE ONLY SWIM!|
|Saturday - Sunday||Noon - 6 p.m.|
1. Halas Recreation Center Aquatics staff may ask swimmers to stop any activity the staff judges to be unsafe.
2. All children under age 14 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. All children under 7 years of age must have an adult (18 years and older) within arms-reach at all times; 1 adult may supervise up to 3 children under age 7 at a time.
3. Appropriate swimwear is required; street clothes and undergarments are not allowed. Children who are not potty trained must wear a swim diaper.
4. Swimmers should shower before entering the pool to prevent the spread of illness. Halas Recreation Center has a Family Changing Room available for use.
5. Floatation devices must be Coast Guard approved.
6. To minimize slipping and falling, please walk, not run, when on the pool deck.
7. Diving is allowed on the South end of the pool only; Flipping is not allowed.
8. No hanging on lane lines.
9. Ladders are to be used only for entering or exiting the pool. Playing on ladders is not permitted.
10. Groups of 5 people or less are allowed to participate in informal recreation. If you wish to have an event or bring in a group bigger than 5 people, please contact Nathan Clark, Facilities Manager, to reserve space.
11. Lane Sharing Etiquette: Multiple swimmers can share a lane at one time; please use circle swimming, in a counter-clockwise rotation.
12. Please do not swim if you have diarrhea or communicable diseases.
Swimming in the Halas Recreation Center Pool is a supervised activity, and a certified lifeguard must be present prior to the pool being opened. Pool hours are subject to change based on the availability of qualified personnel. Schedule changes will be posted as much in advance as possible.
Questions? Contact Kathryn Thies at firstname.lastname@example.org or 773-508-2608.
Pool Hours for Spring Break
Monday - Friday | 6:30 - 9:00 a.m. and Noon - 7 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday | Noon - 6 p.m.