Weddings at Madonna della Strada Chapel
Catholics believe that marriage comes as a gift from the hand of God. The Catholic vision of marriage is rooted in Sacred Scripture and is expressed in the teachings and practices of the Church. It has these main elements:
- Marriage unites a couple in faithful and mutual love.
- Marriage opens a couple to giving life.
- Marriage is a way to respond to God’s call to holiness.
- Marriage calls the couple to be a sign of Christ’s love in the world.
From the website http://www.foryourmarriage.org/
Loyola University Chicago is happy to offer Madonna della Strada Chapel as a place to celebrate weddings within the Roman Catholic liturgy. Here is helpful information for those contemplating a wedding in Madonna della Strada Chapel:
- Reservations are being taken for the calendar year 2015 and 2016.You can inquire about a date by calling 773-508-8045. You can also email Cathy O'Sullivan at email@example.com.
- Reservations for 2017 will be taken beginning January 5, 2016.
- At least one of the parties, bride or groom, must be Catholic. We cannot offer wedding ceremonies of other denominations or faiths. The chapel is not available for rent.
For those who have begun the process of getting married in Madonna della Strada Chapel, please visit www.luc.edu/mdsweddings to complete your arrangements.