Frequently Asked Questions
If you are experiencing any problems with your Campus Card, please let us know: Report a Problem.
The Rambler Card is a photo identification card for all members of the Loyola University community. It enables building and library access and can be used to pay for dining, books, printing, parking, vending, along with many other services. Additionally, the Rambler Card grants access to Halas Sports Center, the Intercampus Shuttle, and Campus Library borrowing privileges.
- Keep your card away from keys and key chains
- Avoid exposing your card to water
- Avoid contact with other magnetic objects
- Keep your card in your wallet or purse (for best protection)
Immediately suspend usage on your card at the Online Card Office or by contacting the Campus Card Office at 773-508-CARD. A stop will be placed on your campus card accounts. A new campus card can be issued for a $25.00 replacement fee at either of our office locations.
Your replacement Rambler Card can be issued without the police report; however, you must reach out to the Card Office within one week and supply the police municipality and report number. This information can be provided via phone at 773-508-2273 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not provide the required information within the one-week grace period, then the $25 replacement fee will be charged to your student account in LOCUS.
Please keep in mind that you can also file the police report with Loyola’s Campus Safety.
Rambler Bucks can be added in three forms:
- With check at the Bursar's Office:
Lakeshore Campus: Sullivan Center, Suite 190
Water Tower Campus: Corboy Law Center, Lobby
- With cash at a ValuePort Locations:
- Cudahy Library - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
- Damen Student Center - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
- Information Commons - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
- Simpson Living Learning Center - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
- Sullivan Center for Student Services - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
- University Mailroom - 1st Floor, Lakeshore Campus
- Baumhart Hall - 1st Floor, Water Tower Campus
- Corboy Law Center - Lower Level, Water Tower Campus
- Corboy Law Center - Lewis Library Room 625, Water Tower Campus
Yes, refunds for remaining Rambler Bucks balances can be requested at any time. A one-time processing fee of $25.00 per request will be applied to each refund, to be paid out of the existing Rambler Bucks balance. For more information about Rambler Bucks refunds, visit our Rambler Bucks Policies page.
There are a few steps you can take to overcome troubles you may run into when trying to log into the Online Card office:
- Go directly to the Online Card Office (https://luc.netcardmanager.com) as opposed to linking through LOCUS.
- Be sure you are using Chrome or Firefox as your web browser. The Online Card Office is incompatible with Safari.
- Reset your password at https://lpss.luc.edu/SelfService
If none of these steps resolve your troubles, please contact the Campus Card Office at email@example.com or call 773/508-2273.
Yes, meal plan change requests are accepted each semester. Please be aware of the deadlines for such change requests. Students who wish to change their meal plan can visit the Forms page to do so. The Campus Card Office or the Department of Residence Life can assist with specific meal plan questions or direct you as needed.
The Department of Campus Safety can assist with ensuring that your building access to the libraries, residence hall, or other designated building is correct.
The Campus Card Office can assist in ensuring that the card itself is functioning properly.
The Campus Card Office can assist in troubleshooting issues with Meal Plans, Rambler Bucks, or Printing funds.
Problems with printing stations should be addressed with the appropriate computer lab personnel, particularly for print refunds requests.
The Parking Office can assist with advance payment for parking. If you would like to apply for a parking permit please visit Parking Services.
Students caught using another individual's Rambler Card will have the case submitted to Judicial Affairs for consideration. If criminal intent or behavior is suspected, Campus Safety may investigate further.
Alumni are welcome to apply for an Alumni Card that will identify them as a member of the Loyola Alumni community. Alumni cards can be requested at either of the Campus Card locations. For more information about the Alumni Card and the benefits it provides, please contact the Alumni Office at LUC-ALUM@LUC.edu or 800-5-LOYOLA, or visit the Alumni Services website.
Guests of the university, also known as "Non-Affiliated Persons" (NAPs) can receive a Rambler Card if his/her on-campus contact authorizes so by submitting the proper paperwork to the ITS Helpdesk. This process will generate a Loyola ID # and UVID which is required to receive a Rambler Card. Once the NAPs paperwork has been submitted to ITS and the confirmation email is received, the individual can visit the Card Office at either LSC or WTC to receive a Rambler Card. More information about the NAPs process can be found on the Help Desk's Guest Access page.