New Student Checklist
Welcome, new students!
These important tasks should be completed by students before the new semester begins:
Student Health Insurance
- Waive out of Loyola's Student Health Insurance through LOCUS if you are already covered by a parent’s insurance plan or your own policy. Waivers will not be accepted after October 1 (new fall students) or February 28 (new spring students).
- Fast-track in through LOCUS if you want to keep Loyola’s Student Health Insurance.
www.LUC.edu/LOCUS > Campus Finances > Student Health Insurance
- Expecting a financial aid refund? Sign up for Direct Deposit of your refund to have financial aid refunds sent right to your checking or savings account.
The refund process for undergraduate students begins the third week of the semester.
www.LUC.edu/LOCUS > Campus Finances > Refund Direct Deposit Profile
- Set up parents and guests for LOCUS access before the first tuition bills are generated.
www.LUC.edu/LOCUS > Personal Portfolio > Parent/Guest Access
Entrance Loan Counseling & Master Promissory Note
- In order for your Stafford loans to disburse to your Loyola account, you must complete both the Entrance Loan Counseling and the Master Promissory Note. You will need your FSA ID to access both.
www.LUC.edu/finaid > Entrance Loan Counseling > Master Promissory Notes
Other items to consider:
- Spread educational expenses into affordable monthly installments. Enrollment dates vary, so check the payment plan schedule to see which plan fits your needs.
- Submit your application and payment for this optional, private tuition and housing insurance program before the first day of classes.
> A Tutorial on navigating Campus Finances in LOCUS