Highly Qualified Faculty & Staff
Title/s: Senior Lecturer
Office #: Lewis Towers 401
Patricia McNally EdD, MSM, is a Harvard Macy Scholar with 25 years of experience working with adult students in a variety of areas, including: Management, Human Resources Development, Organizational Development and Leadership. Dr. McNally draws from a combination of corporate, higher education administration, and instructional experience to bring her students a multi-faceted view of organizations and organizational learning. She has been recognized for her work with adult learners at both Dominican University and Elmhurst College and is a certified instructor in Human Resources Management. She has also worked with Graduate Medical Education in her recent role as Assistant Dean of Medical Education and adjunct Associate Professor of Neurology at Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine.
Her work with adult learners in medical education has included development and lead facilitator in the Certificate in Academic Medicine program for residents and physicians. She has also developed a MS4 Teaching Elective, Spanish Teaching Elective, Disaster Preparedness Course, Residents as Teachers Workshop, Developing a Portfolio Workshop, Giving Feedback Workshop, the Leischner Institute Scholars Program, Strategies in Academic Medicine, and Emotional Intelligence as a Personal and Social Competence.
- Ed.D., National-Louis University, Adult and Continuing Education, Chicago, Illinois, 1999
- M.S., National-Louis University (Management), Evanston Illinois, 1991
- B.A., College of Santa Fe (History), Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1973
- Certificate in Human Resource Management, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Assistant Dean for Educational Affairs, Loyola University Chicago, Stritch School of Medicine, Maywood, IL
- International Association for Personnel Woman, Officer, 1983
- Hephzibah Children's Association, Board Member, 1991
- Hospitality Board, Goodwill Industries, 1989-1990
- Infant Welfare Society Board Member OPRF, Circle 5
- College of Santa Fe Alumni Board, 1989-1996
- Christian Brothers Board, 1989-1991
- McNally P, Sonntag B., Debunking empowerment: Technology. Training Today, Chicagoland Chapter: American Society for Training and Development January/February 2000.
- McNally P, Killion RJ., The McNally-Killion learning organization model: A case study in managing change. Association of Management and International Association of Management Journal June 1999.
- McNally P, Sonntag B., Expanding the concept of 'learner': A layered analysis of the learning process and its implications for liberation through education, ERIC June 1999.
- McNally P, Yaeger T, Sorenson P., Debunking empowerment: Recognizing the needs of the adult learner. Training Today, Chicagoland Chapter: American Society for Training and Development September/October 1999.
- McNally P, Sonntag B., Debunking empowerment: The teaching/learning environment. Training Today, Chicagoland Chapter: American Society for Training and Development November/December 1999.
- McNally P. Customer service training manual. Liquid Container – Plexicon, 1998.
- McNally P. Training manual. Goodwill Hospitality Industries, 1987.
- McNally P. Personnel handbook. Public Relations Firm, 1986.