BA in Applied Studies
The BA in Applied Studies degree provides a strong foundation in communication and business, and the required, selected concentration allows each student to focus on a complimentary discipline and excel in the professional world. SCPS understands that adult students often wish to take a wide range of courses to meet their professional and personal interests so we have designed this degree to enhance your current career or establish a new one.
Benefits of the program
- Customized format gives you the flexibility to gain new applied and theoretical skills and hone the business skills you already have.
- Online, evening, and weekend class formats allow you to pursue your passion for education while balancing work and family life.
- Honoring your past life experience, students may submit a prior learning assessment portfolio and earn credits from 10 eligible courses.
- A program grounded in the University Core Curriculum, students develop skills crucial to facing the challenges of contemporary society.
For more information on the Applied Studies BA degree program, please contact email@example.com.
The BA in Applied Studies with a required concentration is comprised of 120 credit hours:
- 27 credit hours in the major,
- one of the following required concentrations below,
- 48 credit hours of University Core Requirements and
- 21 credit hours of Electives.
The BA in Applied Studies major is offered in both accelerated 8-week, face-to-face format and the 8-week online format. The entire degree of BA in applied Studies can be taken online if the Organizational Development and Leadership concentration or the Business Communication concentration is chosen. Click here to print out Applied Studies BA Curriculum. Click on each concentration below for curriculum:
- Business Communication Concentration
- Organizational Development Leadership Concentration
- Organizational Psychology Concentration
- Paralegal Studies Certificate
The following concentrations is offered in the traditional, sixteen-week, face-to-face format:
- Communication Concentration
- Criminal Justice Concentration
- Finance/Economics Concentration
- Healthcare Emergency Management Concentration
- Integrated Marketing Communication Concentration
- Public Policy/Public Administration Concentration
- Social Services and Non-Profit Management Concentration
At SCPS, we are flexible and continue to develop more programs to meet the demands of the working world. We offer five sessions a year: two eight week sessions in the fall and two eight week sessions in the spring and one eight week session in the summer. Applied Studies BA courses are offered from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m., one day a week, making it possible for students to work full-time as they attend classes. This accelerated format along with the fact that we offer courses online makes it possible for students to complete their degree and maintain all their responsibilities of family and work life outside of their academic life.
SCPS offers a fully online option for the BA in Applied Studies. Students have the choice of the fully online option, the fully on-campus option, or some combination of the two.
We invite you to join us for an Information Session at our downtown Chicago Water Tower campus. Contact us to request more information about Loyola's Bachelor of Arts in Applied Studies or other professional degrees.