Operations Research Certificate
The certificate program in Operations Research is suitable for students preparing for a career in industrial mathematics, statistics, business or economics. Courses are taught by the faculty of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. All courses are for credit and can be transferred into the major in Statistics once a student is admitted into an undergraduate degree-seeking program.
For more information on the Operations Research Certificate, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply Now
The certificate program in Operations Research requires eight courses. Some requirements may be fulfilled by transfer credit. Please speak to an SCPS academic advisor about prior credits.
The following classes are require of all students. Please click on each course to read a full description of the content covered.
- MATH 161 Calculus I (4) [Prerequisite: Math Placement Test or Math 118]
- MATH 162 Calculus II (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 161]
- MATH 263 Multivariable Calculus (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 preferred but Math 132 is acceptable]
- MATH 212 Linear Algebra (3) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 or 132]
- STAT 203 Statistics (3) [Prerequisite: Math 162 or 132 (with grade of "C" or better)]
- STAT 306 Introduction to Stochastic Processes (3) [Prerequisites: STAT 203 or 335; MATH 212]
- STAT 356 Computer Principles of Modeling & Simulation (3) [Prerequisites: Math 215 or COMP 170 or 125; STAT 203 or 335]
- MATH 358 Methods in Operations Research (3)[Prerequisites: MATH 212 and STAT 203 or 335]
Courses are offered in the 16-week format during the day at the Lake Shore Campus. To see a list of classes, click here. SCPS cannot guarantee full-time status throughout the length of the certificate program.