Operations Research Courses
The certificate program in Operations Research is suitable for students preparing for a career in industrial mathematics, statistics, business or economics. Courses are taught by the faculty of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. All courses are for credit and can be transferred into the major in Statistics once a student is admitted into an undergraduate degree-seeking program.
For more information on the Operations Research Certificate, email email@example.com.
The certificate program in Operations Research requires eight courses. Some requirements may be fulfilled by transfer credit. Please speak to an SCPS academic advisor about prior credits.
The following classes are require of all students. Please click on each course to read a full description of the content covered.
- MATH 161 Calculus I (4) [Prerequisite: Math Placement Test or Math 118]
- MATH 162 Calculus II (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 161]
- MATH 263 Multivariable Calculus (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 preferred but Math 132 is acceptable]
- MATH 212 Linear Algebra (3) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 or 132]
- STAT 203 Statistics (3) [Prerequisite: Math 162 or 132 (with grade of "C" or better)]
- STAT 306 Introduction to Stochastic Processes (3) [Prerequisites: STAT 203 or 335; MATH 212]
- STAT 356 Computer Principles of Modeling & Simulation (3) [Prerequisites: Math 215 or COMP 170 or 125; STAT 203 or 335]
- MATH 358 Methods in Operations Research (3)[Prerequisites: MATH 212 and STAT 203 or 335]
Courses are offered in the 16 week format during the day at the Lake Shore Campus. To see a list of classes, click here. SCPS cannot guarantee full-time status throughout the length of the certificate program.
International Students seeking admission to any certificate program in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies are required to demonstrate the ability to study at Loyola University Chicago with the appropriate F-I visa status classification. The Office of International Programs is available to assist you regarding the appropriate documentation to study with SCPS. Please feel free to contact them at 773.508.7706 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised:
- You will be required to provide documentation of your ability to finance your tuition, fees, and living expenses. Please contact The Office of International Programs at 773.508.7706 for details and the appropriate forms needed. SCPS does not provide scholarship assistance for students seeking certificate credentials.
- An I-20 certificate of eligibility can be issued after admission to an SCPS certificate program, documents regarding post-secondary, English language proficiency, and financial documentation have been submitted. For complete information on the documents needed to receive an I-20 and an F-1 visa as well as helpful advice, visit here.
Please visit the SCPS Tuition & Fees page through the Office of the Bursar for tuition rates.