The Mathematics Certificate Program requires six courses. This program is suitable for students preparing for further study in economics, business, finance, chemistry, physics or other disciplines in which a background in mathematics is needed. The Mathematics Certificate may also appeal to high school science teachers. Courses are taught by the faculty of the Department of Mathematics and Statistics. All courses are for credit and can be transferred into the major in Mathematics once a student is admitted into an undergraduate degree-seeking program.
For more information on the Mathematics Certificate, e-mail email@example.com.Apply Now
The certificate program in Mathematics requires six courses. Some requirements may be fulfilled by transfer credit. Please speak to an SCPS academic advisor about prior credits.
For the most up to date listing of courses click on the individual course links.
The following classes are require of all students. Mathematics and Statistic classes do have prerequisites. Please click on each course to ensure that you have completed the prerequisites necessary to register for class:
- MATH 161 Calculus I (4) [Prerequisite: Math Placement Test or Math 118]
- MATH 162 Calculus II (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 161]
- MATH 263 Multivariable Calculus (4) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 preferred but Math 132 is acceptable]
- MATH 264 Ordinary Differential Equations (3) [Prerequisite: MATH 263]
- EITHER: MATH 212 Linear Algebra (3) [Prerequisite: MATH 162 or 132]
OR: Math 201 Elementary Number Theory (3) [Prerequisite: Math 118]
- Any 300-level 3-credit Mathematics course [Prerequisites vary]
Courses are offered in the 16-week format during the day at the Lake Shore Campus. To see a list of classes, click here. SCPS cannot guarantee full-time status throughout the length of the certificate program.
International Students seeking admission to any certificate program in the School of Continuing and Professional Studies are required to demonstrate the ability to study at Loyola University Chicago with the appropriate F-I visa status classification. The Office of International Programs is available to assist you regarding the appropriate documentation to study with SCPS. Please feel free to contact them at 773.508.7706 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be advised:
- You will be required to provide documentation of your ability to finance your tuition, fees, and living expenses. Please contact The Office of International Programs at 773.508.7706 for details and the appropriate forms needed. SCPS does not provide scholarship assistance for students seeking certificate credentials.
- An I-20 certificate of eligibility can be issued after admission to an SCPS certificate program, documents regarding post-secondary, English language proficiency, and financial documentation have been submitted. For complete information on the documents needed to receive an I-20 and an F-1 visa as well as helpful advice, visit here.
Contact us today with questions about Loyola’s School of Continuing and Professional Studies certificate programs or mathematics courses.