Your First Course for Free!
Interested in degree completion? In Summer 2014, SCPS is offering you a full scholarship to complete your first three credit course with us. The 8-week course, CPST 200: Introduction to Degree Completion, taken in your first semester at Loyola is designed to set you up for success.
With this course, you will get a good understanding of what it takes to be a successful part-time student and how to balance the demands of attending class and completing assignments with your already busy schedule.
This course will give the student:
- A clear path toward completing a Loyola University Chicago degree
- Insight on how to study more efficiently
- Knowledge of University services, both online and on campus
- Proficiency of Loyola’s online tools that will help you excel in an online setting and in the classroom
- A refresher on proper writing techniques
- An introduction to earning credit for prior learning, and how it can help you finish your degree more rapidly and save in tuition in the process
- Guidence from the financial aid department to enable you to complete your degree with your budget in mind
If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCPS offers five sessions per year, with two 8-week sessions in the spring: Spring session II beginning March 10 and Summer beginning June 2. Classes meet once a week in the evenings. Online or on-campus classes make it possible for you to complete your degree & maintain responsibilities at work and home.