The BA in Management with the Individualized concentration is designed for students with interests in divergent fields. Students will be trained in management and organizational development concepts, combined with transfer credit and/or Loyola courses.
The BA in Management with Individual concentration comprises 120 credit hours. Courses in the major are offered in accelerated, 8-week sessions. All courses are offered in the traditional (in-person) format with several courses also available online.
I. Management Major: 39 credit hours
- COMM 237: Small Group Communication
- COMM 273: Interpersonal Communication
- CPST 247: Computer Concepts and Applications or Information Systems
- CPST 250: Foundations of Organizations
- CPST 310: Accounting Principles and Applications
- CPST 340: Marketing Concepts and Strategies
- CPST 349: Project Management
- CPST 350: Human Resource Principles and Practices
- CPST 371: Organizational Finance
- ECON 201: Principles of Economics: Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON 202: Principles of Economics: Introduction to Macroeconomics
- LREB 315: Law & Regulatory Environment of Business I
- STAT 103: Statistics
II. SCPS Common Curriculum: 9 credit hours
- CPST 200: Introduction to Degree Completion
- CPST 201: Professional Identity and Development
- CPST 397: Capstone
III. Individualized Concentration
Students create a concentration by combining courses from a variety of disciplines, using transfer and Loyola courses. The individualized option is ideal for students with interests in divergent fields. To learn more, see your advisor.
IV. University Core Requirements
What are employers looking for? Employers say they are looking for a demonstrated capacity in these areas:
- think critically
- communicate clearly
- solve complex problems
- ethical judgment and integrity
- intercultural skills
- the capacity for continued new learning
- written and oral communication
- applied knowledge in real-world settings
- broad knowledge in the liberal arts and sciences
In the University Core you will further develop your skills. Learn more about University Core Requirements.
A total of 120 credits are required for the degree at Loyola University Chicago. Sources of the remaining credits can include courses offered in the SCPS 8-week session schedule or the 16-week semester schedule. Transfer credits (not already used in the major, concentration, or University Core), Prior Learning Assessment, CLEP, DSST, or ACE-evaluated credits (such as your military transcript) can all used to fulfill the remaining elective credit requirements that get you to 120 credits, subject to residency and other requirements.