- ACE Scholars will meet with ACE Advisor, Derrick Gunter, or other ACE Staff at least once each semester for advising. Advising topics may include course selection, academic progress, personal and academic goal-setting, career counseling, personal development, financial aid assistance, co-curricular development, and general problem solving.
- If ACE Scholars receive any failing grades (C- or lower) during the midterm period or at the end of any academic semester or become subject to academic probation, they will meet with ACE staff to discuss strategies to improve their academic performance.
- ACE Scholars will choose at least one workshop, seminar, or forum to attend each semester.
- If eligible, ACE Scholars will apply for federal financial aid by the priority deadline each year.
- If ACE Scholars need assistance with completing the FAFSA, ANY scholarship/grant application, or financial aid appeal letter, they will meet with ACE staff.
- ACE Scholars will read through all information provided by the ACE program pertaining to financial aid.
- If ACE Scholars consider taking time off or transferring from LUC due to financial challenges, they agree to meet with ACE staff before finalizing their plans.
- If ACE Scholars have expressed an interest in exploring graduate or professional school options, ACE Scholars will attend at least one workshop or tour of a graduate school (transportation paid), or seek assistance from ACE staff in applying to graduate/professional school at least once per academic year.
- If ACE Scholars agree to participate in a graduate/professional school exam preparation course (free to ACE students), they will commit to attending all required sessions and/or inform ACE staff of my absence in advance of the session(s).
- If ACE Scholars’ career aspirations lead them towards a path where they will enter into the workforce immediately following the completion of their bachelor’s degree, they will meet with ACE staff at least once a year to develop a career plan.
- If ACE Scholars enter ACE as a first year LUC student, they agree to meet with an ACE tutor or tutor from the Center for Tutoring and Academic Excellence (CTAE) for at least one hour per week for the entire academic year. They have the option of choosing the subject(s) to receive tutoring in or an ACE staff member will assign them to a tutor.
- If ACE Scholars sign up for tutoring, they will schedule weekly, recurring appointments with their tutor(s). They will keep their appointments, unless there is mutual agreement to change the appointment or an emergency.
- If ACE Scholars receive any failing grades (D or F) during the midterm period or at the end of any academic semester, or if they become subject to academic probation, they agree to attend weekly tutoring meetings as assigned by the ACE staff.
- ACE Scholars agree to respond to communication received by ACE staff including email, phone messages, social media communication (e.g., Facebook, Twitter) in a timely manner.
Commitment to Services
- If ACE Scholars sign up or RSVP for any ACE event, they agree to attend the event. They will notify ACE staff at least 24 hours in advance if they cannot attend the scheduled event or if there is an emergency.
- ACE Scholars agree to participate in an exit interview with ACE staff when they graduate from Loyola (or if they withdraw prior to the completion of my bachelor’s degree or transfer to another higher education institution).
- ACE Scholars agree to participate in all requested program or workshop evaluations conducted online and in person. They understand that program evaluation is required by the U.S. Department of Education and LUC to continue funding of the ACE program.