BA in Applied Studies
The B.A. in Applied Studies degree provides a strong foundation in communication and business. The required certificate allows each student to focus on a complimentary discipline preparing them to excel in the professional world. SCPS understands that adult students often wish to take a wide range of courses to meet their professional and personal interests, so we have designed this degree to enhance your current career or establish a new one.
FASTRACK Program Benefits
- Customized format gives you the flexibility to gain new applied and theoretical skills and hone the business skills you already have
- Online, evening, and weekend class formats allow you to pursue your passion for education while balancing work and family life
- FASTRACK courses offered at the Cuneo Mansion & Gardens in Vernon Hills offer blended online and weekend course options
- Honoring the knowledge you’ve gained in your previous experiences, students can work on earning non-traditional credit to up to half the major courses.
- A program grounded in the University Core Curriculum, students develop skills crucial to facing the challenges of contemporary society
|Total Number of Courses||9|
|Total Number of Credit Hours||27 credit hours|
|Start Terms||Students can begin during any of the 5 sessions throughout the academic year.|
|Transfer Credit Accepted Toward Major||12 credit hours / 4 courses|
|Schedule Format||Courses offered in 8 week session format with online, evening, and Saturday morning options.|
|Course Locations||Water Tower Campus – 820 N. Michigan Ave, Chicago
Cuneo Mansion & Gardens – 1350 N. Milwaukee, Vernon Hills
|Application and Admission Requirements||Application
Official transcripts from all prior institutions
2.0 GPA or higher and in good standing at all prior institutions
|Tuition||2015-2016 Academic Year
2016-2017 Academic Year
Explore the program
The US Department of Education requires any institution offering distance education/online programs to students outside of its home state to acquire authorization from the states in which students reside. Regulations vary from state to state. While Loyola University Chicago is authorized, exempt or pursuing authorization in most states, some restrictions apply. Please see our State Authorization page for the most up-to-date information.
Loyola University Chicago is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.